This internship will provide a breadth of experience surrounding nonprofit operations and programs. Global Oncology (GO) is a start-up nonprofit working to end disparities in access to cancer care worldwide through multiple projects including an online map cataloging oncology-related service, research and training and patient education materials. We have a very small team in our office and the successful candidate will be exposed to multiple aspects of our work and the inner workings of a small nonprofit. This position is ideal for an undergraduate or graduate student who is interested and would like to gain experience in global health, health as a human right, advocacy, communications and in nonprofit development/fundraising.
The Intern will report to the Executive Director. He or she will also work closely with our Executive Administrator and volunteers. The role requires ingenuity, strong online research skills, creativity, attention to detail, familiarity with successful social media campaigns, and preferably some background knowledge of global health.
Primary responsibilities and duties include:
- Contribute to GO’s online presence and help grow our online community
- Contribute to GO’s social media strategy
- Help to identify and cultivate targets for a fundraising campaign
- Conduct research relevant to the organization’s advocacy work
- Work with the team on GO’s contact management system
- Perform specific tasks related to TheGOMap.org
How to apply: Send your resume, cover letter and a short writing sample to email@example.com with subject line: Spring 2018 Intern Application (last name)
Dates: Flexible; January – May 2017, with potential to continue